• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
Alicia Willis

Smells Like Teen Spirit (solo)

Sooo I don’t think the tabs I used are 100% correct but it’s Synner Saturday so fuck it...I do what I want 🤣

Got some new strings for Ruby today and had to jam a bit.
Still been working on bends, pulls off and vibrato and this encompasses all three of those. I think the bends are definitely getting better 👍🏻

Happy Saturday y’all !
Overall I would say that it sounds pretty good! Though I would say that I think there is one small mistake (might come from the tab?) But yeah the fourth note you play from the beginning sounds slightly sharp! You might be playing it maybe one fret too high!?

• Love
Reactions: Alicia Willis
Overall I would say that it sounds pretty good! Though I would say that I think there is one small mistake (might come from the tab?) But yeah the fourth note you play from the beginning sounds slightly sharp! You might be playing it maybe one fret too high!?
Yesss ! I noticed that too but wasn’t sure how to articulate what was wrong 🤣 I knew it sounded off though.

🤩🤩🤩 very nice!!!! Uuugh I didn't have time to prepare anything new for synner saturdays 😭 I must find the time next week damn it.

I play this one too, a little different, from a tab contribution.
Noticed it's also the same melody he sung, in one of the PG Masterclasses he talked about playing the vocal parts on guitar. Using bends and stuff to try and copy the vocal lines, I think that's a way to write songs. Did you learn the riff yet? It's nice it taught me the Chuka Chuka sound, I think it's fret hand muting like Funk, I think it's called Funk. Super cool, didn't see any Nirvana songs yet, nice!

I laughed when you finally cracked at the end of the clip 😂😂
I like how you incorporated pull offs in some places of this solo.
Bends need some work to be more accurate but it will come with practice. Keep it up.

I play this one too, a little different, from a tab contribution.
Noticed it's also the same melody he sung, in one of the PG Masterclasses he talked about playing the vocal parts on guitar. Using bends and stuff to try and copy the vocal lines, I think that's a way to write songs. Did you learn the riff yet? It's nice it taught me the Chuka Chuka sound, I think it's fret hand muting like Funk, I think it's called Funk. Super cool, didn't see any Nirvana songs yet, nice!
Actually I have not learned to main riff of the song ! Maybe I should do that ! Thanks William!

Reactions: William B.

Media information

Category
Riffs
Added by
Alicia Willis
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media