Want to view this lesson and many more like it? Sign up today.

Register now
  • Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard

Lesson description

Cool Tapping Lick

Syn's tips

This is also a great lick to build off of as well. I really do my best to write licks or create different permutations that are completely my own no matter how fast and seemingly harmless it is to just play someone elses. This doesn't mean that 100% of what I play is original, far from it actually, but I do my best to stay creative and as original as possible .... and it's not that difficult!

Basically you take the same concept as all of the previous licks ranging from Fingerpicking exercises to Legato and just change up the order of the sequence. For example, the basic order of this lick is purely ascending and descending with no skipping around so basically each string has 4 notes in a row. Well, how about we keep the 4 notes per string but now let's skip around a little bit by using the basic 24 permutation formula we used in "The Alternate Picking Exercises 3 Lesson"-

1234, 1243, 1423, 1432, 1342, 1324,
2134, 2143, 2413, 2431, 2341, 2314,
3124, 3142, 3412, 3421, 3241, 3214,
4123, 4132, 4312, 4321, 4231, 4213

Now these numbers ONLY identify the order of the notes per each string, they are NOT finger or fret numbers. You also have to be creative and come up with the Turnarounds. The Turnaround is when you switch from ascending to descending and vice versa, on the 1st and 6th strings.

Now THIS is a LOT of work but I'm really excited to work on some of these myself and hope that this excites you as well!

As always, post your videos, questions and comments to the "Discussion Thread" below and have some fun with this stuff!
Lesson statistics
Users enrolled
Completions
Posted on
Teacher
Brian Haner Sr.