• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
Matt Wildcat

2 more attempts at NRtD

AKA "Why you shouldn't slack for nearly 2 months."

Skip to about a minute in for actual guitar, I ramble again.
I know, it's crap. I've been slacking real bad,and it shows - BUT I did learn up to the solo! Turns out, my tiny, slim fingers do actually have some reach to them!

I know the notes, I can reach them, I just gotta stop panicking, relax a lot more since I'm so tense in my right arm, and go back a few steps to using metronomes and going real slow - I skipped a lot of steps in my eagerness to learn this. I rushed too much. It shows.

Don't be like me, folks. But anyway, here's progress.
I'm gonna really try get back into my routine of playing consistently again. I was doing so well for about a month!
Good to see you back at it again! I think you did great both times and you have immensely improved already. Your playing feels very rhythmic and on point as it should. The comfort comes with playing the song another 100 times or so :p

• Love
Reactions: Matt Wildcat
Good Job! One tip tho, on your sweeps, focus on your right hand going up/down in one fluid motion. At the minute it seems you almost pick each string, whereas it should be one motion. It's tricky, but your doing great! It's all about syncing you left and right hand which will also help get that fluid motion! PG does some good lessons on it if ur struggling and looking at what syn does is also a good idea. great job tho!

Good to see you back at it again! I think you did great both times and you have immensely improved already. Your playing feels very rhythmic and on point as it should. The comfort comes with playing the song another 100 times or so :p
Thank you! I think I've got the feel of it for the most part, I just gotta sort out my timing! I'll get it somewhere down the line of those 100 odd attempts though :LOL:

Reactions: Dominik Gräber
Good Job! One tip tho, on your sweeps, focus on your right hand going up/down in one fluid motion. At the minute it seems you almost pick each string, whereas it should be one motion. It's tricky, but your doing great! It's all about syncing you left and right hand which will also help get that fluid motion! PG does some good lessons on it if ur struggling and looking at what syn does is also a good idea. great job tho!
Thank you! Yeah, I think I'm definitely gonna go back and work on those lessons to really get it down, because I kinda feels like I'm having to force myself to hit those notes rather than it just being one fluid motion as you said.

• Love
Reactions: Ethan Keeling

Media information

Category
Riffs
Added by
Matt Wildcat
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings