• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
D

AVENGED SEVENFOLD - Seize The Day - Guitar Solo Cover

Hey guys! This is my first video and I’m a HUGE fan of Avenged Sevenfold (mostly Synyster Gates). So I decided to make a cover the solo of seize the day! Let...
Hey! Great cover! You really nailed it for the most part. Two small tips though: Make sure to hold the bends long enough and give every landing note a nice vibrato. That would improve your cover even more :)

Hey! Great cover! You really nailed it for the most part. Two small tips though: Make sure to hold the bends long enough and give every landing note a nice vibrato. That would improve your cover even more :)
Thank you! I’m glad you liked it and I will definitely do that!

Agree with Dominik. For the most part really solid. I would say the two areas of improvement here are around timing (not getting ahead of the beat in some places) and vibrato - the fingers make the notes from your brain, but the vibrato is where the HEART comes in, and while you've made great progress on technique, now you need to catch up your vibrato.

Steve Vai notoriously used to set aside an hour in his marathon practice sessions to do nothing more than experiment with bending and vibrato on a single note. Fast or slow, narrow or wide, with a whammy bar, or your fingers, bent notes and fretted notes - take time to explore and find comfort with all kinds of vibrato, and it will take your playing to the next level!

Reactions: David508

Media information

Category
Riffs
Added by
David508
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media