• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
C

bridgesburn

8th song on centzless. This one has some different elements that I tried for the first time. I'll state right away the drums aren't 100% in time but its close enough that I dont think the average ear will catch every mistake everytime. Refer to the comments for the details as there is a few in this one.
Songs in Drop C. It starts with A G C progression. I guess that is in C major. I cant remember if that was the plan or not. Or if I stayed in that scale the entire song.

The verse is G A before chugging some pentatonics at half time. The intro is the chorus as well. before repeating the entire progression for a second time. Going into the second chorus we hit the breakdown bridge. One of my favourites that I wrote for the album. And I think of all time. It starts off with the riff in its own which is A G C. Over and over. There is a solo in there that I think I played in G minor. but since it resolves into C, let me think what the scale really is..

well after looking the scales up it looks to be a C major with a flat 4th. Which is off because I couldn't find a scale with 1 2 3 flat 4. I guess you cant really complain because you only hear the it once in the song. The vocals come back in right after the guitar ends and repeats the bridge again before hitting the drum solo. This is the first time I tried to finger tap a drum solo and make it sound realistic. There's a bass going on in one take and the toms in another take. I also did a take of cymbols in there as well. Let me know what you think of it. I think its the coolest part of the song personally.

Lyrics of this song is about toxic friendships. It goes both ways I suppose.

Reactions: William B.

Media information

Category
Riffs
Added by
Calvin Phillips
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media