• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
Aightball

Chord Review

I have some work to do, but challenged myself tonight to just play the chords. Don’t think too hard about it, just play. CC welcome as always!!

I hope posting these videos where I practice and make plenty of mistakes encourages other beginners to share as well. This is a wonderful community here and I’ve always had great feedback! I’d like to challenge other beginners to post as well!
Well done!

What I'd like to see you focus on next is to keep your strumming even. It's ok to strum the strings "whilst you're in transition between chords". If you listen to enough accoustic songs, you'll notice that when some people are strumming, they'll strum with all their fingers off as they're switching between chords.

You have made good progress remembering and speeding up with your chord switching.

Well done!

What I'd like to see you focus on next is to keep your strumming even. It's ok to strum the strings "whilst you're in transition between chords". If you listen to enough accoustic songs, you'll notice that when some people are strumming, they'll strum with all their fingers off as they're switching between chords.

You have made good progress remembering and speeding up with your chord switching.
Thank you! I’m definitely finding the challenge in coordinating my strumming hand with my chord hand. I will work on that and see if I can get better :)! Thank you for the feedback!!

• Love
Reactions: Forgetabull
I agree with the above comment, that will help you so much ! Maybe try and strum along to one of your favorite songs to get the groove and feel. That being said, from your last video to now I can see that your chord changes are getting so much smoother ! 👏🏻 You freaking go !!!!! You’re advancing so much !

• Love
Reactions: Aightball
I agree with the above comment, that will help you so much ! Maybe try and strum along to one of your favorite songs to get the groove and feel. That being said, from your last video to now I can see that your chord changes are getting so much smoother ! 👏🏻 You freaking go !!!!! You’re advancing so much !
Thank you!! It's so fun to see the progress and to think I might some day strum a song! I'm practicing again tonight and focusing on strumming. It's rough, but it will get there!

• Love
Reactions: Alicia Willis

Media information

Category
Beginners Corner
Added by
Aightball
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings