• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
Alicia Willis

Chords and strumming patterns

I’ve really been drawn to my acoustic lately. Probably because I’ve played my electric so much.
I don’t practice as often as I should and sometimes I like to just not focus on a particular lesson but just strum some chords and see what happens. For me that is FUN, and I am practicing I guess in a sense.
This is just me randomly trying different chords and strumming patterns and seeing what comes out.
Am I the only weirdo who records themselves when they practice ? I do it often so I can go back and look at my hands and really hear myself. 90% of the videos I post here have stemmed from me recording my practices lol.

Reactions: Jak Angelescu
J
The biggest thing that I love about this is that you are having fun and you are feeling it. Also your alternate strumming has improved so much. It doesn't matter what you are playing. The moment the guitar is in your hands you are practicing!

• Love
Reactions: Alicia Willis
J
Am I the only weirdo who records themselves when they practice ? I do it often so I can go back and look at my hands and really hear myself. 90% of the videos I post here have stemmed from me recording my practices lol.
I do too!

• Love
The biggest thing that I love about this is that you are having fun and you are feeling it. Also your alternate strumming has improved so much. It doesn't matter what you are playing. The moment the guitar is in your hands you are practicing!
Ugh I’m so glad to hear this lol! Sometimes I just don’t have the mental capacity to practice a certain thing in particular but I always try to pick up a guitar and just do SOMETHING ! I’ve not played chords in awhile and figured I’d give it a go and it was so damn fun even if it sounded bad. That’s honeslty what I love about guitar. I can have a bad day and just pick it up and play anything and immediately feel better 😃

Reactions: Calvin Phillips
I used to record every second of my practices. Now theyve become my improvs. I barely warm up for them honestly.. that's probably why they sound rough to start .. but by the end its gold

That was smooth! You could tell you enjoyed it and I sure did too!
Also, weird or not but recording yourself while practicing is a great habit and a way to really track improvement ;P

I record myself a lot too, I would say it makes me more aware of my playing. I like to see what I've been doing, check my timing is ok and learning from my mistakes. And this way you can track your progress watching old videos

I like to do exactly what you are doing here, just sit down and play and see what happens. And sometimes I record some chord progression and play on top of it, trying to apply some lesson I've been learning or find the scales that work with it or whatever...I would say that's when you make your own everything you have been learning, and it's a lot of fun too, and having fun is what all this is about IMO 😊

Great to see all videos youre posting and the progress you are making, you can see you practise a lot and and make a lot of progress!

I sometimes record myself, started with recording when I started playing almost 2 years ago, I think its fun to see the difference, while I sometimes think there is not much progress, but then I watch videos from like half year ago and I see the difference. Also good to see what Im doing, like technique

• Love

Media information

Category
Beginners Corner
Added by
Alicia Willis
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings