• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
Alicia Willis

“Paranoid”- Black Sabbath

Haven’t posted in awhile. This is still a work in progress, I’ve been working on this for the past week. I’ve been trying to get better with my hammer on’s as well as palm muting. I’ve been doing exercises in lesson 18 and 22 and It’s definitely helping! I just wanted to share my progress with you guys ! I’m going to continue working on this and eventually try it with a backing track 😧
I might even put some actual clothes on 😂
Side note- lesson 22 is the a minor pentatonic scale, but there’s a part where we hammer on as opposed to playing individual notes. It’s given me an easy little exercise to do daily and then apply to the riff I’m using. I chose this riff because there are some hammer on’s but it’s not too overwhelming.

Only thing to add. I do this too btw. Dow stroke every chug. It's harder on the hand but imo it sounds better. But you also can alternate the chugs if it's easier for you. It looks like you got it down pretty good with the down strokes so you may lot need to change up to you!

Reactions: Alicia Willis
Sounds good Alicia! Tony actually plays this on the E and A strings at the 12th fret, keeps almost everything between the 10th and 12th frets making it much easier to move between chords.

That's some fine chugging by the way!🤘

• Love
Sounds great! A cool thing i do when i jam the song is during the verse, after the e5, and before the d5 i do what the bass line does, and go:
A————-5h7—-|
E——5h7————|

Its a cool thing i picked up from the Randy Rhoads performance of Paranoid on the tribute album! You can also embellish it by playing pinch harmonics on these notes as well!

• Love
Sounds good Alicia! Tony actually plays this on the E and A strings at the 12th fret, keeps almost everything between the 10th and 12th frets making it much easier to move between chords.

That's some fine chugging by the way!🤘
Thanks so much ! I’ve been working on the chugging 😂 it’s fun !
And I saw different tabs for this and different videos showing it played different so I wasn’t sure which was right lol. Thanks for pointing that out !

Reactions: Adin Shepherd
Sounds great! A cool thing i do when i jam the song is during the verse, after the e5, and before the d5 i do what the bass line does, and go:
A————-5h7—-|
E——5h7————|

Its a cool thing i picked up from the Randy Rhoads performance of Paranoid on the tribute album! You can also embellish it by playing pinch harmonics on these notes as well!
Awesome I’m gonna give that a try ! Minus the pinch harmonics 😂 totally cant do that yet

• Love
Reactions: Jesse Salmons

Media information

Category
Riffs
Added by
Alicia Willis
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings