• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
Ashley Willis

Practice makes perfect, but practice AIN’T perfect.

Playing around with Wasting Love by Iron Maiden. Haven’t been in the most creative mood, so trying to just practice things I’ve learned before. Playing rando...
J
There is a lot to be said about what you are doing here. There are 3 different ways to practice. The 1st way is to practice religiously with a metronome section by section. Then you can practice alongside the song up to speed and fumble through your mistakes and keep up with the parts that you can play. And then there's this. Believe it or not this type of practicing is extremely crucial. The reason why it's beneficial to practice without anything overhead, is that it allows you to hear your own mistakes and allows you to slow down when you need to to get proper technique to move on to the parts that you struggle with without having to race against anything. I equated to a child learning how to run and then slowing down when he begins walking on ice. This kind of practicing is really good to develop feel and accuracy believe it or not. I'm very proud of you! I love the fact that your wife is on here cheering you on and you cheer her on as well! The family that shreds together stays together! Really well done my friend there was some tricky parts in there that you did really well!

Media information

Category
Riffs
Added by
Ashley Willis
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media