• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
Dominik Gräber

Quarantine Concert - Bullet for my Valentine

We had Quarantine Jams, but why not "full" concerts? Basicly choose a couple of songs and play them front to back, without a cut. So here is the setlist:

Bullet for my Valentine
- Don't Need You
- Hand of Blood
- Room 409
- Waking The Demon

Bonus:
Trivium
- Drowning in the Sound

I think I got too carried away sometimes, but I think I still did pretty well, considering I was barely able to play one full song without messing up at the end of the year. Also first time hearing everything recorded. Hope y'all enjoy and maybe jump in too with your own Quarantine concert! \m/
There definitely was a time or two where you just got impatient cause you wanted to play the lick so bad but I can't really complain about that. Means you're loving the sonf right? But honestly you did great. Your playing has taken so many strives.

Reactions: Dominik Gräber
There definitely was a time or two where you just got impatient cause you wanted to play the lick so bad but I can't really complain about that. Means you're loving the sonf right? But honestly you did great. Your playing has taken so many strives.
Thank you! I did really enjoy it, altough I definetly had better takes for most songs before

You could play the song through 50 times over.. be perfect in every spot..but the spot you mess up.. it's different in every take. But honestly.. the listener never notices. I noticed one spot in it all where you just got ahead.. any other mistake.. purely unnoticed. I feel that's exactly how the entire collab will be. Were gonna practice til were perfect. Then hit record... take after take. I think this even happens to syn live.. sometimes you're just not there. But you get through it.

You could play the song through 50 times over.. be perfect in every spot..but the spot you mess up.. it's different in every take. But honestly.. the listener never notices. I noticed one spot in it all where you just got ahead.. any other mistake.. purely unnoticed. I feel that's exactly how the entire collab will be. Were gonna practice til were perfect. Then hit record... take after take. I think this even happens to syn live.. sometimes you're just not there. But you get through it.
That's what practicing these songs "live", so without a break taught me. Of course I mess up. But if I just keep going it won't be bad and maybe not even noticed. Just trying to avoid big mess ups that throw you out entirely

That's what practicing these songs "live", so without a break taught me. Of course I mess up. But if I just keep going it won't be bad and maybe not even noticed. Just trying to avoid big mess ups that throw you out entirely
The only way they will happen is if you csnt hear the drums. If you turn the music down too music you wont beat the snare and that's your metronome for the most part. It's hard to get back into timing unless you also know the song well to be able to play yourself back into timing. I struggle with that too on the songs I'm still learning (13 autumns and a widow)

The only way they will happen is if you csnt hear the drums. If you turn the music down too music you wont beat the snare and that's your metronome for the most part. It's hard to get back into timing unless you also know the song well to be able to play yourself back into timing. I struggle with that too on the songs I'm still learning (13 autumns and a widow)
That's why I started using in ear bluetooth headphones, just one so I can hear both rather well

Yeah anyway to keep the beat going helps. Even if its tapping your foot.. which is just as effective over even using the metronome. Your body stays in beat while you play.

J
I love this!! You even got dressed for the stage and came out like a rockstar!! Very well done! Thank you for the show!! 👏👏rock that shit you fucking Rockstar!

I love this!! You even got dressed for the stage and came out like a rockstar!! Very well done! Thank you for the show!! 👏👏rock that shit you fucking Rockstar!
Thank you Jak! I even thought about wearing a suit for the first one cause that's what they were wearing in the official video! But then I thought a) that's overkill and b) my suit does NOT fit anymore 😂 😂

Media information

Category
Riffs
Added by
Dominik Gräber
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings

Share this media