• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
Lindsey

Picking hand exercise/warm up

This is a simple exercise I liked that I wanted to share. A while ago I uploaded a video of my alternate picking with the intent of improving it. I forgot about this to be honest, I can't find the post back. It does feel natural how I pick here now. I can't tell if the movement is too large because it alternate strings. Here are the tabs for the exercise: https://www.guitarworld.com/lessons/bent-out-shape-guitar-rehab-part-1-picking-hand-warmups
The exercise sounds absolutely fine. If you are keeping to that speed, it sounds very controlled and confident to the ear. If you are thinking of building the metronome up, try and focus on less movement. If you think about it, the pick doesnt need to jump so far to play a note. If you havent heard of it before, I'd recommend inside and outside picking. And apply these techniques when suitable. Sounds cool though!

• Love
Reactions: Lindsey
The exercise sounds absolutely fine. If you are keeping to that speed, it sounds very controlled and confident to the ear. If you are thinking of building the metronome up, try and focus on less movement. If you think about it, the pick doesnt need to jump so far to play a note. If you havent heard of it before, I'd recommend inside and outside picking. And apply these techniques when suitable. Sounds cool though!
Thank you for the comment!
Right now I'm using it as a warmup but I'll need to get faster for a lot of music I'll play.
I've heard of the technique before. I'll take a deeper look into it.

Media information

Category
Riffs
Added by
Lindsey
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media