• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
Alicia Willis

MORE VIBRATO !!!!! šŸ¤£

Still at it ! I tried to use as much vibrato as possible for my fingers. Idk if I can do anymore šŸ¤£
Too much ? Too little ? Let me know !

Yā€™all are going to be sick of this song by the time I finally get it right šŸ˜…
Just listened to it twice, first with my eyes closed just to hear how good it sounds, then to have a look at your hands.
I'd say it's still not the strongest vibrato but it fits the Song perfectly. So great job! He doesn't overdo it with vibrato in this solo but you can be sure If Syn ends a phrase it will have some kind of vibrato :D

I'd say just keep applying vibrato to everything you can and you won't even think about it anymore in no time!

• Love
Reactions: Alicia Willis
Just listened to it twice, first with my eyes closed just to hear how good it sounds, then to have a look at your hands.
I'd say it's still not the strongest vibrato but it fits the Song perfectly. So great job! He doesn't overdo it with vibrato in this solo but you can be sure If Syn ends a phrase it will have some kind of vibrato :D

I'd say just keep applying vibrato to everything you can and you won't even think about it anymore in no time!
Thanks Dominik ! lol this is literally the most I could do hahaha. I was like ā€œokay Alicia just do donā€™t think, so as much as your fingers/wrist will do !ā€ Lol
any tips for getting a stronger vibrato though ? Or basically just practice ? Iā€™ve been trying to do the ā€œdoor knobā€ movement and itā€™s helped a lot.

Sounding better and better. You're not in Zakk-land so it's definitely not "too much." You want to get to where you can adjust your vibrato width and speed to match your mood, so it's good to practice to "fast and wide" (closer to Zakk-land) so that when you PLAY you can back off and just be expressive without the limitations. Sounds great!

You're not wrong. Learning and playing along with a vocal melody is a fantastic way to learn how to be expressive as a player, and also a good way to learn how those melodies are constructed!
Hey !!! Jak told me this very thing not too long ago. I wa splaying the vocal melody to ā€œSallyā€™s songā€ and trying to put some vibrato where I thought it would naturally be sung. Ima give that a go again as practice.

• Love
Reactions: Ed Seith

Media information

Category
Beginners Corner
Added by
Alicia Willis
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings