• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
Alicia Willis

Working on “The Unforgiven” by Metallica

Sunday Funday ! Lol. Haven’t practice in several days due to some shoulder pain. It’s better now so I’m back at !
Good job! I love your attitude 🤘 I am also learning this song :)

One suggestion that want to make is that in the main clean riff (the one that is mostly played in the G string) try to use your pinky finger.

So instead of playing:
--2--4s5 (with a slide)

Try to play:
--2--4h5 (with a hammer-on)

It's gonna be hard at the beggining, but it is totally worth it to start using your pinky.

Good job! I love your attitude 🤘 I am also learning this song :)

One suggestion that want to make is that in the main clean riff (the one that is mostly played in the G string) try to use your pinky finger.

So instead of playing:
--2--4s5 (with a slide)

Try to play:
--2--4h5 (with a hammer-on)

It's gonna be hard at the beggining, but it is totally worth it to start using your pinky.
Thanks for the tip ! Tabs I was looking at didn’t really specify so I went with a little slide lol. I’ll try out the hammer on though instead ! 😃👍🏻

You bumping your guitar into the wall because you wanted to annoy me with that strap is what I call ...and justice for all!
Seriously you are doing so good though! Playing standing up feels awful at first but is really great if you get it. Your picking hand looked so fluid during the finger picking part and you already almost nail Kirks lead sections! Keep it up!

One of my favourite songs, every version of that song. Playing while standing is such nice idea, but important as well. Nicely done
Thanks sayonil ! It’s definitely harder than I realized so I’m trying to do it more often. I had spine surgery last year so I can’t stand a whole lot (weight of the guitar and leg iss
You bumping your guitar into the wall because you wanted to annoy me with that strap is what I call ...and justice for all!
Seriously you are doing so good though! Playing standing up feels awful at first but is really great if you get it. Your picking hand looked so fluid during the finger picking part and you already almost nail Kirks lead sections! Keep it up!
hahaha I tried to play it cool but damnit you noticed ! and thank you !! I usually don’t post of videos of it but I have been working on fingerpicking a good bit.

Hell yess!!!! Thats ma gurl!

Learn the whole thing! Even the solo...its a damn challenge...but worth it!

Regarding standing up...yeah..it sucks..and switching pedals too...uff.

On another note..for me personally the distorted part is still a bit too gainy..but If you like it...you like it!

Reactions: Alicia Willis

Media information

Category
Beginners Corner
Added by
Alicia Willis
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media