• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
Lindsey

Down picking advice? Arch Enemy - Nemesis.

I learned this song Friday, I haven’t recorded the full version yet. Now that I look back at it I wonder if I move my hand too much during down picking? (starting at 22 seconds)
i just started instant gram, can i add you? maybe you do the extra movement to help keep you in time. i didn't notice it too much from one listen
Ofcourse you can. Thanks.
I hadn't thought of that yet. I just noticed my wrist felt irritated a few days later and I thought this may have caused it

@Lindsey it could be from long periods of playing how your sitting. I got a lot of problems with my wrist, especially shoulder cause I sat on the floor like you. After awhile I couldn't bare playing too long 15-20 minutes at a time because it was too painful. Since I got a decent chair and had some physical therapy I haven't had too much trouble.
I was sitting on a chair, but I guess I just can't sit on chairs like a normal person. 😆 Thanks for the comment, I should start paying attention to that

Nice work, great song choice too, picking looks good to my eyes.

I do notice that you tend to flick your hand out and away from the guitar when you play the chords in the fast down picking section (a motion that doesn't happen when you play them elsewhere), so you could work on minimizing that movement. It could just be a by product of the tension playing at that speed so try focus on keeping as relaxed as possible🤟

Reactions: Lindsey
Nice work, great song choice too, picking looks good to my eyes.

I do notice that you tend to flick your hand out and away from the guitar when you play the chords in the fast down picking section (a motion that doesn't happen when you play them elsewhere), so you could work on minimizing that movement. It could just be a by product of the tension playing at that speed so try focus on keeping as relaxed as possible🤟
Thanks! The fast section the part I was wondering about. It’s a combination of muted and open notes but the movement still seemed a bit large to me.

Reactions: Adin Shepherd

Media information

Category
Riffs
Added by
Lindsey
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings