• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
idssdi

dark eyes improv

Little improv over Dark eyes. I did a better improv off camera and it isn't perfect so some feedback is definitely appreciated!
I don't know how long you've been playing, but it sounds/looks good to me. I'm pretty sure your on the right path if you just continue what your doing. I don't think I heard any muted notes, hammer-on/pull-offs or tremolo picking. Do they not do that in Jazz? Not sure myself, maybe it's some things you could add to spice it up even more? Is that a special Jazz guitar? The bridge looks different to me. Oh and what song is that? I want to try jam n it tomorrow too, I want to learn that rhythm especially. Cheers!
Those are a lot of questions😅

I've been playing for over 10 years, in principle hammer ons can be done in jazz if you want to I just don't do them but you're right you can o some cool gypsy licks with it. I can't recall ever hearing anyone do tremolo picking in gypsy jazz.

It's a gitane, they are used in gypsy jazz to get the gypsy tone.

The song is called Dark eyes or less truck noir, it's also in the title of this upload😅

Media information

Category
Riffs
Added by
idssdi
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media