• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
Alicia Willis

PROGRESS: A Beginners Journey

As my anniversary approaches I decided to make a little collage of my progress thus far. Thanks to this amazing site I’ve learned so much and grown and become more confident in myself ! I’ve still got a long ways to go but I’m proud of myself and wanted to share.
If you’ve made it this far (because lots of people don’t read lol) let’s play a game ! Name the riffs/songs I’ve played ! (The three originals don’t count obviously 😉 )
Keep rocking you guys ! I cannot wait to see what the next year has in store for all of us ! 💪🏻
Congrats!! You are working hard and definitely growing up as a guitar player. Your playing is getting more and more solid.. I like sooo much the one of you and your husband playing together :love:
I love to see you making progress and I'm glad I met you on this journey :)

• Love
Reactions: Alicia Willis
I heard 1 Metallica and 2 a7x songs and couple others I've heard before. Shepherd of Fire, I think Warmness of the Soul. The Metallica misheard lyric for me is "exit life" "take my hand" "it's off to never neverland". I don't know the name. One song from the 90's don't remember the name as well, lot's of embellishments. Another two can't place names

• Love
Reactions: Alicia Willis
I heard 1 Metallica and 2 a7x songs and couple others I've heard before. Shepherd of Fire, I think Warmness of the Soul. The Metallica misheard lyric for me is "exit life" "take my hand" "it's off to never neverland". I don't know the name. One song from the 90's don't remember the name as well, lot's of embellishments. Another two can't place names
Spot on my man !

Congrats!! You are working hard and definitely growing up as a guitar player. Your playing is getting more and more solid.. I like sooo much the one of you and your husband playing together :love:
I love to see you making progress and I'm glad I met you on this journey :)
Thank you Mariler ! I’m excited watching your progress here as well ! We are some kick ass moms !!! 🤘🏻

• Love
Reactions: Mariler
So much growth and progress, I *LOVE* this, Alicia! Your hard work and bravery always shine through, and you have so much more confidence. I think a lot of players fail to realize that, especially in rock and metal, CONFIDENCE sells the performance. CONFIDENCE is what turns a bad note into "Fuck you, asshole, I meant to play that note! Now, just to fuck with you, I'm gonna SHAKE that bad note like a polaroid picture (and then bend it up to the note I really meant)."

So much growth and progress, I *LOVE* this, Alicia! Your hard work and bravery always shine through, and you have so much more confidence. I think a lot of players fail to realize that, especially in rock and metal, CONFIDENCE sells the performance. CONFIDENCE is what turns a bad note into "Fuck you, asshole, I meant to play that note! Now, just to fuck with you, I'm gonna SHAKE that bad note like a polaroid picture (and then bend it up to the note I really meant)."
Why did I read this while cutting onions. Damnit. 😅
Thank you so much Ed ! This really means a lot to me, and I do feel a tad more confident, there’s no longer that fear of looking like an idiot, I can do it proudly now 😃

.....and thanks for getting “Shake it like a Polaroid picture” stuck in my head. 🤪

• Love
Reactions: Ed Seith

Media information

Category
Beginners Corner
Added by
Alicia Willis
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings