• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
TheTroller

Another imperfect try at Afterlife

"is he crazy? Is that what you get five stars for at this school?"
No, your playing was absolutely not perfect but you dared to post a video of playing imperfectly. Not everybody has the courage to do so.
Now for the feedback. Your cover sounds so sloppy because your hands are not in synch. I'd suggest going a good bit slower and practice with a metronome to a speed where you nail it every time. Also the lessons here can help your technique immensely.
Next up: Vibrato. Give each landing note after a sweep a good vibrato and it will make your playing already sound 50% better. Vibrato is the heart and soul of a Syn solo and I can't stress this enough. Keep at it man and you will nail it in no time!! 🤘 🤘

Reactions: William B.
No, your playing was absolutely not perfect but you dared to post a video of playing imperfectly. Not everybody has the courage to do so.
Now for the feedback. Your cover sounds so sloppy because your hands are not in synch. I'd suggest going a good bit slower and practice with a metronome to a speed where you nail it every time. Also the lessons here can help your technique immensely.
Next up: Vibrato. Give each landing note after a sweep a good vibrato and it will make your playing already sound 50% better. Vibrato is the heart and soul of a Syn solo and I can't stress this enough. Keep at it man and you will nail it in no time!! 🤘 🤘
Brutal. I'm Shreddicus Maximus 2.0. Can you outline where I'm not in sync? Is it the during the arpeggios before the sweep? I can easily fix that. The economy picking section at the end is meant to be slightly out of sync, obviously.

> No, your playing was absolutely not perfect but you dared to post a video of playing imperfectly. Not everybody has the courage to do so.

Or maybe it's because I suffer from the Dunning Kruger effect.

I didn't mean out of rythm, I meant out of synch. Meaning your picking hand did not match what the other hand was doing. Especially at the second sweep and the section with the long sweep right after. There also were some "wrong" notes I believe, that were out of key. Comes from playing too fast when you're not ready for it. Every guitarist does that once in a while.

I didn't mean out of rythm, I meant out of synch. Meaning your picking hand did not match what the other hand was doing. Especially at the second sweep and the section with the long sweep right after. There also were some "wrong" notes I believe, that were out of key. Comes from playing too fast when you're not ready for it. Every guitarist does that once in a while.
I'm aware. When I think of synchronization, I'm thinking of the amount of picks matching the amount of notes being fretted. I definitely noticed that the first section of arpeggios (before the first sweep) was out of sync (as I watched it at 0.25 speed), but to be honest, I also watched the sweeps at 0.25 speed, and didn't notice any mis-synchronization (whatever the term be), as it would be especially obvious.

> There also were some "wrong" notes I believe, that were out of key.
Definitely. I noticed that.

I think that I may have committed a muting error on the long sliding sweep (the third sweep), which may be the reason for the buzzy sound.

Reactions: Dominik Gräber
hey i heard it at 0,25 sounds nice. I laughed cause the video you showed from earlier, makes me want to try harder. I only got past five minutes, I was laughing from the jokes and had to go

Reactions: TheTroller
I actually consulted someone about my sweep picking, and apparently, the issue is that I move my wrist too much when going back down/ascending towards the high note, which prevents me from palm muting properly. I'll definitely work on it.

hey i heard it at 0,25 sounds nice. I laughed cause the video you showed from earlier, makes me want to try harder. I only got past five minutes, I was laughing from the jokes and had to go
I'm not quite as bad as Shreddicus Maximus, but I still committed some of the errors that he outlined in the video.

Reactions: William B.

Media information

Category
Riffs
Added by
TheTroller
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings

Share this media