• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
TheTroller

When you spend hours working the second alternate picking etude up to speed and it's obscurely recognizable

sounds weird at different speeds, I haven't worked on the second etude yet, can't tell what's going on.
should probably slow the track down to 80% or a little less and practice it more
possible the hand syncing is a little off and/or a little to much string noise
just trying to help! keep up the good work maximus
there's lot's of video options if you didn't already know
took me awhile to figure that out
btw it will probably be better the next day you play it

Reactions: TheTroller
sounds weird at different speeds, I haven't worked on the second etude yet, can't tell what's going on.
should probably slow the track down to 80% or a little less and practice it more
possible the hand syncing is a little off and/or a little to much string noise
just trying to help! keep up the good work maximus
there's lot's of video options if you didn't already know
took me awhile to figure that out
btw it will probably be better the next day you play it

> possible the hand syncing is a little off

I wasn't muting the strings with my pointer finger. If I was picking faster than I was fretting, there would have been a buzzing open string sound in the background the entire duration of the video.

It's probably a combination of my poor fretting technique (the tips of my fingers are undeveloped), my cheap crate amp, and my low quality phone camera.

I can upload a slowed down video if you want.

Reactions: William B.
I can upload a slowed down video if you want.
maybe 20% slower we can see it better and a little closer with the cam, i'm not a dr
could be the tone too, when my tone is bad my playing sounds bad or i'd have to play something to match the tone
i'll try that etude so maybe i can understand it better

maybe 20% slower we can see it better and a little closer with the cam, i'm not a dr
could be the tone too, when my tone is bad my playing sounds bad or i'd have to play something to match the tone
i'll try that etude so maybe i can understand it better

0.25 speed on Youtube. The lick is three notes, six notes, six notes, six notes, six notes, six notes, six notes, six notes, six notes, six notes, and four notes.

Reactions: William B.
0.25 speed on Youtube. The lick is three notes, six notes, six notes, six notes, six notes, six notes, six notes, six notes, six notes, six notes, and four notes.
I'm going to try and count licks like that, thanks maximus
i learned to count to 4 recently (thanks to PG) now working on 6

J
Very nice.
It's good to challenge our speed because that's technique often used to GET faster. Sometimes practicing for hours at a slow speed will never get our fingers use to it.
But you need to clean it up still. A lot of the notes are muffled or muted.

Very nice.
It's good to challenge our speed because that's technique often used to GET faster. Sometimes practicing for hours at a slow speed will never get our fingers use to it.
But you need to clean it up still. A lot of the notes are muffled or muted.

I've been working on cleaning it up today. Because I rushed it, I was siren fretting it last night (not hitting the notes precisely with the tips of my fingers, as Syn does, but with the flat part of my fingers)

J
I've been working on cleaning it up today. Because I rushed it, I was siren fretting it last night (not hitting the notes precisely with the tips of my fingers, as Syn does, but with the flat part of my fingers)
Awesome. I look forward to hearing it

Media information

Category
Riffs
Added by
TheTroller
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media