• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
idssdi

Gypsy jazz etude In Am

This is one Robin Nolan Solo gypsy jazz etudes and I absolutely love it so I figured I'd learn it.
That looks very difficult, there's a lot going on in those 30 seconds. Sounds nice too for sure, I keep watching right hand techniques, is it so that Jazz has rules for picking? I've seen like hand roll motion picking it's cool, looks like someone take a bow and roll the arm. I need to work on my left hand, finding the right notes faster, I should work on theory :'( and solo's

Reactions: idssdi
That looks very difficult, there's a lot going on in those 30 seconds. Sounds nice too for sure, I keep watching right hand techniques, is it so that Jazz has rules for picking? I've seen like hand roll motion picking it's cool, looks like someone take a bow and roll the arm. I need to work on my left hand, finding the right notes faster, I should work on theory :'( and solo's
Yes, there are rules for picking but I don't follow them very strictly. I try to incorporate rest strokes as much as I can but everything else is just kind of based on my comfort level really

Reactions: William B.
Yes, there are rules for picking but I don't follow them very strictly. I try to incorporate rest strokes as much as I can but everything else is just kind of based on my comfort level really
I've been trying to rest notes too a bit, like stall slightly. I'm having a hard time sometimes, I sometimes play too fast and need to readjust. Hard for me, I know this tune, I think it's a scale not sure though. When I try to use the rest note or lag the attack a bit, it sounds way better, gonna work on it. ttyl

I've been trying to rest notes too a bit, like stall slightly. I'm having a hard time sometimes, I sometimes play too fast and need to readjust. Hard for me, I know this tune, I think it's a scale not sure though. When I try to use the rest note or lag the attack a bit, it sounds way better, gonna work on it. ttyl
Rest stroke is not so much in the note itself. It's picking a note and resting the lick in the string below. Resting a note is very important for dynamics but a rest stroke has more to do with technique than it has to do with whether you're playing a note or not, it's good that you're working on it though!

Reactions: William B.
Rest stroke is not so much in the note itself. It's picking a note and resting the lick in the string below. Resting a note is very important for dynamics but a rest stroke has more to do with technique than it has to do with whether you're playing a note or not, it's good that you're working on it though!
I only recently stumbled on it practicing rhythm with scales, it's nice there's a term for it.

Reactions: idssdi

Media information

Category
Riffs
Added by
idssdi
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media