• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
a_Human

A Minor String Skipping Lick

This is a lick that I came up with today. As always, just trying to get better.
I should've stretched my hands out before trying this! That 5-8-10/ A-C-D stretch on the 6th string got to me haha, nice lick

Reactions: a_Human
Nice lick!

One thing I do notice though, at the start when laying the rhythm into the looper, your strumming is coming from a nice loose wrist (👍) but as soon as you play the lick everything seems to tense up, the wrist locks and the movement moves to your elbow. This may be working ok for you now, but long term it 'could' hold you back, try and keep that wrist movement you use in your strumming in your alternate picking.

Keep up the good work, it's great seeing all these new faces in the riffs section🤘

Reactions: a_Human
Nice lick!

One thing I do notice though, at the start when laying the rhythm into the looper, your strumming is coming from a nice loose wrist (👍) but as soon as you play the lick everything seems to tense up, the wrist locks and the movement moves to your elbow. This may be working ok for you now, but long term it 'could' hold you back, try and keep that wrist movement you use in your strumming in your alternate picking.

Keep up the good work, it's great seeing all these new faces in the riffs section🤘
Thanks a lot for the tip. I think this is something I really needed to hear. I'll work on it.

Reactions: Adin Shepherd

Media information

Category
Riffs
Added by
a_Human
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings

Share this media