• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
W

Slayer and Guns 'n' Roses rifts

I tried learning the first riff by ear and after tried the tab. I was kind of close, had the tuning in drop C# (could be wrong) The tab says, I think it's called C# Standard.
The second riff was one of the first I tried to learn with my electric, at first I always alternate picked it, it sounded good to me and felt right while playing it. So now I tried to Economy pick it recently and it gives it a different feel, kind of like slow motion if I could describe it.
Song's named: Slayer - Disciple and Guns 'N' Roses - Don't Cry
The timing is off on both and not sure if the notes are correct on the second one
The tuning is too low as well
Some stuff I'm practicing
Awesome William! Im not super familiar with the first one, but I absolutely LOVE
"Don't Cry". It is a bit hard to tell with the tuning being significantly lower but it does sound very close !

Reactions: William B.
Awesome William! Im not super familiar with the first one, but I absolutely LOVE
"Don't Cry". It is a bit hard to tell with the tuning being significantly lower but it does sound very close !
Sorry about that, it's like a full step and a half down. I recorded them back to back, The Slayer song needed the lower tuning and it's the last riffs of the song ( somewhat ). I was practicing it with the tab today and might do a sight read playthrough recording tomorrow. Not sure if I can get it up to the right speed and haven't checked if the notes were correct, read some of the feedback from the tab. Maybe I could fix it, I haven't been practicing songs for awhile now. Gonna try and do this one.
Almost forgot to say thanks!

Last edited:

Media information

Category
Riffs
Added by
William B.
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings