• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
RoaringRowanThunderBender

Practice with SGS Lesson 22!

Back with Lesson 22! I feel pretty confident about the concept of Hammer-ons. It's the Pull-Offs I'm more concerned about. I did my best to figure it out myself. Let me know if I got it right and maybe even some more feedback?
those are just pull off, if i were you id work on going up and down the neck with a simple 4 note chromatic scale and work on getting comfortable with the guitar, but forget to use alternate picking

those are just pull off, if i were you id work on going up and down the neck with a simple 4 note chromatic scale and work on getting comfortable with the guitar, but forget to use alternate picking
Well, I was only showing Pull-off attempts in this video because I feel they’re what I need to work on most. Hammer-ons don’t really feel like a problem. I’m pretty good with some scales and feel comfortable. This was just awkward because I’ve never tried pull-offs before really.

So the same friend I mentioned before on your last video had this same problem as well and I made it click for him. I can't guarantee it's the same issue for you, but it might help. Sometimes for beginners, it seems like a pull off is just lifting your finger off the string and then you hear the other note, which is what my friend was doing. But a pull off is almost more like plucking the string with the finger you're pulling off. You're kinda supposed to swipe it downward with your finger as a pluck. So instead of lifting your finger straight up, pull downward, but dont bend the string.
This helped quite a bit! Thank you again for some more feedback!!! I’ll definitely try to practice more with this in mind.

Media information

Category
Beginners Corner
Added by
RoaringRowanThunderBender
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media