• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
ari.mac

Two Pentatonic Exercises 💫 Do you know others I could add?

This are two pentatonic exercises (I'm using the Am pentatonic scale) that I always do during my warm ups. Have no idea what the first one is called and the second is a string skipping exercise. Do you have any other exercise I could add to my routine? (And also, some tips on how to improve on this?) 💫💫💫🖤
Sounds great already! For extra exercises I'm not sure because I'm not really an exercise kind of guy but you could try doing 5 notes at first and then do the same but starting from one not lower/higher) (so first 8th and 5th fret high E, 8th and 5th fret B 7th fret G and then 5th fret High E, 8th and 5th fret B string, 7th and 5th fret G string etc.). As to how to improve I would say try to keep your pinky level with the other fingers, especially when you might want to go ballistic speed later having your pinky below the fretboard like that can hinder you. Hope this helps!

Sounds great already! For extra exercises I'm not sure because I'm not really an exercise kind of guy but you could try doing 5 notes at first and then do the same but starting from one not lower/higher) (so first 8th and 5th fret high E, 8th and 5th fret B 7th fret G and then 5th fret High E, 8th and 5th fret B string, 7th and 5th fret G string etc.). As to how to improve I would say try to keep your pinky level with the other fingers, especially when you might want to go ballistic speed later having your pinky below the fretboard like that can hinder you. Hope this helps!
You are totally right about the pinky but I don't know how to do that 😖😖😖😖😖😖

Love it, very clean :love: ! The first exercise is one of my go-to warm ups as well, but if you want to take it a step further, start including more shapes of the scale.

So the way I'm doing it, I do the exercise going up in the first scale position (like you did), then go one note higher and go down in the second position. Then I'd go back up in the second position and down in the third position, etc... Of course, if you don't know all five positions yet, you could start slowly by incorporating only the first and second position in this, and only add more positions every 2 weeks or so.

Of course, the same principle applies also to the string skipping exercise and every other exercise that you can think of.

Very clean. Good job!
Thank you Dom 🥰🥰
Love it, very clean :love: ! The first exercise is one of my go-to warm ups as well, but if you want to take it a step further, start including more shapes of the scale.

So the way I'm doing it, I do the exercise going up in the first scale position (like you did), then go one note higher and go down in the second position. Then I'd go back up in the second position and down in the third position, etc... Of course, if you don't know all five positions yet, you could start slowly by incorporating only the first and second position in this, and only add more positions every 2 weeks or so.

Of course, the same principle applies also to the string skipping exercise and every other exercise that you can think of.
Thank you Chris!! I actually know the second position but I'm not too confident yet with that, so it's not in the video lol 😂😂 I'll try to get better at it and use that as well! Thank you 🖤

• Love
Reactions: chris_is_cool
Economy picking would really help. Feels and sounds more fluid. Trust us. Start nailing some economy picking exercises and you'll enjoy life on the moon. Really wish I knew about economy picking way back when I first started. Would have saved me years of frustration. Hope this helps.

You were already doing what I was going to say..... Just woke up, cool your phone didn't distract you.
o_O
Yeah, maybe try 1-2-3 on repeat?

Last edited:
Reactions: ari.mac
To what ids said about the pinky. Youll notice it'll.get closer to the fretboard as you get better and better with your picking and fingerings. I wouldn't worry too much about controlling it until you feel comfortable you can move your pinky while playing without it hindering anything else. That's when you can start controlling where they go but by then the pinky builds strength on its own and you usually already have it where you wanted naturally.

Reactions: ari.mac
Economy picking would really help. Feels and sounds more fluid. Trust us. Start nailing some economy picking exercises and you'll enjoy life on the moon. Really wish I knew about economy picking way back when I first started. Would have saved me years of frustration. Hope this helps.
Thank you! I guess I'll take a look at the lesson then 😁
You were already doing what I was going to say..... Just woke up, cool your phone didn't distract you.
o_O
Yeah, maybe try 1-2-3 on repeat?
😁😉
To what ids said about the pinky. Youll notice it'll.get closer to the fretboard as you get better and better with your picking and fingerings. I wouldn't worry too much about controlling it until you feel comfortable you can move your pinky while playing without it hindering anything else. That's when you can start controlling where they go but by then the pinky builds strength on its own and you usually already have it where you wanted naturally.
Ok, I so hope you are right 😂😁 thank you!!

Media information

Category
Beginners Corner
Added by
ari.mac
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media