• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
C

run away

2nd song im hightlighting off my 2nd set of songs I recently uploaded to spotify. This one is pretty simple and to the point. refer to comments to explanation and breakdown.
This song is basically two chords.. I believe it is F and E flat. starts with arpeggios. I think theres two separate takes in each speaker. One with chorus one without. I just pick the power chords on 2 strings. It then goes into the power chords played up a position on the next string. It just sounded better for tone. When doing this part I honestly thought of one song.

The chorus is just distortion. I use two different rhythm tones in each speaker. One with the lead pretone and one with the clean pretone. Both sound completely different but sound great together. I do this in almost every song if you listen separately.

2nd verse I do 2 things different. First I palm mute the bottom string in the rhythm lick. The lead part is some octaves I think. I'd have to play them to remember if they are full octaves of intervals. If you wanna know just let me know and I'll get the answer lol. I think they were 1st though with a ton of reverb. The prechorus is the same as the first but distorted. I feel the entire song builds up more and more and this is the high point where I always find myself beating along to it full force by this point of the 2nd chorus. Very few songs I write I have this feeling. Thats why I enjoy it so much. The solo is my playing g minor over top these two chords Let me sit down and see if I can figure out the true name of the scale..

I think its Eflat lydian lick overtop Eflat (starting on G cause that was the scale I was learning at the time) going into F. I then hold and play triplets into each hold. There is a the same chorus effect here distorted instead of clean this time. live this is a hard change for me as I use 2 different pretones here. On the recording I decide to let the sustaniac take notice and let it fade out as I start the same lick up an octave. My licks weren't really complicated as well.. I was learning to improv at this point this was made up on the spot in front of my roommate at the time who really made up the lick on bass. I play the same notes as the chorus effect here once, and then the second time around I decide to move it up a position and keep playing the same scale. Then the ending is a little backwards progression working our way down to C. Then back into the chorus one last time before the ending of the song.

Media information

Category
Riffs
Added by
Calvin Phillips
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media