• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
J

Arpeggios For Our Original

• Jak Angelescu
So proud of how easy they've become! I posted this in the original section but I wanted to post it here to just in case if anybody could see it more and offer me any other tips! The sweep lessons have helped so much!
I'd wager all my guitars and gear on the notion that you are wrong. This might seem like I'm overreacting but this a VERY important point. NOBODY who has achieved anything great ever thought they knew it all. (Myself included) Once a person starts to believe they know everything there is to know about a topic, in this case, practicing, their rate of improvement will never be more than it is currently. If a person is fine with not learning faster, than sure look no further, never consult another teacher, never listen to any more advice from anyone who has accomplished more than you, never push yourself out of your own habits. There's literally hundreds of ways to practice wrong and right, some yield more, less, or bad results. A student must relentlessly look to add in better, more high quality methods and ideas, and part with the sub-par, lesser methods, if they want to do more than dabble. (Not saying Jak has bad methods, I just want to offer some ideas, that's what this school is about)

But hey let's have some fun, don't take my word for it, how bout I make a video, and if Jak says she already knew everything I went over, I'll GIVE YOU ALL MY GUITARS.
Dude, please don't do this here. You literally sound like every guitar school add in the world saying 'do this and that' and you will progress solo much faster. All Of those things are a lie! You progress by hard work and Jak Nails that so she's perfectly fine if I do say so myself

• Love
Reactions: Jak Angelescu
Dude, please don't do this here. You literally sound like every guitar school add in the world saying 'do this and that' and you will progress solo much faster. All Of those things are a lie! You progress by hard work and Jak Nails that so she's perfectly fine if I do say so myself
Sure you must put in tons of hours to progress, but I promise some ways to advance faster than others. If we watched a beginner pick up the instrument and try to get better at something, I'm sure we could all chip in with a "try this instead" (not just about basic technique) and show them how to get better faster when it comes to using a metronome, how to practice a phrase, what to play first, etc.. The sky is the limit for learning these methods and we should never stop looking to sharpen ourselves in that manner.

Last edited:
J
I promise there are ways to advance faster than others. Not all methods are equal.
While I agree with you those methods may not work for everyone. These arpeggios were being done originally at 65bpms and I was struggling with them. I got them up to 136 with 2 hours of practice 🙂
And I know I asked for tips for if anybody could spot anything I can improve on but I guess I should have been more clear by talking about my technique.
If you want to, I am sure other people might benefit from your video and I haven't seen you offer it on anybody else's video or their riff. There is a section that I designated for student exercises and tutorials. That would be great for you to make your video and post it there for other people to see and benefit from!

While I agree with you those methods may not work for everyone. These arpeggios were being done originally at 65bpms and I was struggling with them. I got them up to 136 with 2 hours of practice 🙂
And I know I asked for tips for if anybody could spot anything I can improve on but I guess I should have been more clear by talking about my technique.
If you want to, I am sure other people might benefit from your video and I haven't seen you offer it on anybody else's video or their riff. There is a section that I designated for student exercises and tutorials. That would be great for you to make your video and post it there for other people to see and benefit from!
It took me a few hours to make last night, I'm uploading it now actually. I'll let you know!

https://syngates.com/media/19-potent-ideas-about-how-to-improve-your-practice-results.2388/

These are concepts with in-depth explanations, if you don't have time to watch all 19, look through the list of timestamps and pick 1 or 2 that sound most interesting to you that don't seem like you already would know them :)

Media information

Category
Riffs
Added by
Jak Angelescu
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media