• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
Jason Dunbar

Morrigan Solo progress video

Absolutely love this solo from Morrigan by Children of Bodom, so have been working on it for a while. This one’s at about 85% speed, but it’s been a really good alternate picking exercise. (I can normally play the beginning much better, but this was the only take where I actually got the scale run in the middle haha). The cool little sweeping part is still pretty tricky for me, and I have to pay really close attention to screw up the little loops and scale runs.
Also one thing to add in case anyone else has been struggling with it, this solo finally made me realize I was anchoring my picking hand too much and not moving it up and down as I played, which was giving me a lot of trouble when I was going across all the strings. It’s made a huge difference in my playing already.

Media information

Category
Riffs
Added by
Jason Dunbar
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media