• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
Ashley Willis

Crazy Train solo attempt #1

I’ve gotten to where I don’t like to post a lot due to my social anxiety, but my wife @Alicia Willis insisted, so here is my rough attempt at the Crazy Train solo.
Definitely getting there, Ash! I can SEE your tension. You need to tell Alicia (who is right, by the way) that she needs to rub your shoulders before you hit record! Keep it up, bro!
I stay tense nowadays, especially being an ER nurse during a pandemic. I can’t remember the last time I was able to relax. And thanks!

Particularly working on bends with vibrato here. I can do each by themselves ok but adding vibrato while holding a bend is tough. I’ve found a have to change my grip slightly when adding vibrato to a bend. And trying to get the correct bend with vibrato up to speed and rhythm is a whole different ballgame lol.

Reactions: Ed Seith
Fantastic man. As a huge randy rhoads fan, you’re killing it! I wont repeat what the dudes before me said, except to not be afraid of posting here! Ive always loved your videos! But heres my advice (and ill be making a video to demonstrate this soon.) when bending, dont be afraid to put your thumb over top of your fretboard. It gives you a lot more control, and it feels like you’re gripping a baseball bat! This makes it so much easier to bend, and also add that vibrato on the end of a bend! Keep up the great work!

Reactions: Ashley Willis
Fantastic man. As a huge randy rhoads fan, you’re killing it! I wont repeat what the dudes before me said, except to not be afraid of posting here! Ive always loved your videos! But heres my advice (and ill be making a video to demonstrate this soon.) when bending, dont be afraid to put your thumb over top of your fretboard. It gives you a lot more control, and it feels like you’re gripping a baseball bat! This makes it so much easier to bend, and also add that vibrato on the end of a bend! Keep up the great work!
Thanks! I’ve been trying to adjust my grip and my wrist to get the bends and vibrato better. Getting them both right has been a thorn in my side here lately.

Media information

Category
Riffs
Added by
Ashley Willis
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media