• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
W

Day 6 Improv

It's day 6? I did like 50 million takes, I wanted to try and piece together something nice. I need to learn to write this stuff down. I had lot's of ideas and they kept changing/evolving, forgot a lot of bends and stuff I had. I didn't pay attention to my picking hand, during this. I spent like 2 hours total on the lesson itself and working on this improve. Was feeling a bit under pressure or something. Still a good day for music nonetheless.
This backingtrack is a Dm all throughout and it sounds like you're lying over a completely different backingtrack(like all the things you're doing would work and sound great but not for this particular backingtrack). If you hear the backingtrack is Dm try to find stuff you know works over Dm like arpeggios, scales etc. If you struggle with finding the key of the backingtrack please ask, I'll be happy to help you!

Reactions: William B.
Ok sure, for tomorrow I'll ask the main chords and try to piece something out better. I think I'm a little tone deaf or maybe from playing all day. I've been hit with sonic blasts before, it's very strange.
If I were to describe it, it's like your tv screen is black and a song is playing, the volume rapidly increases while the screen fills with snow, than the sound fuses together and breaks into thick chunks like chords. The snow matches the sound, the audio chunks match the beat. It sounded like audio bombs, very distorted, like thunder crashing. The sounds flickered like beacons to the rhythm till it slows. My experience was similar to a storm. That's how I remember it anyway, from this one time.

Media information

Category
Riffs
Added by
William B.
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media