• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
Dominik Gräber

#Deadmenriffs - Matt Heafy Riff Challenge

Wanted to record that for Instagram but tone is terrible and all my takes sucked lol. It was for a contest Matt posted but I couldn't win anyway because it was US. only. Trivium riffs really kill me. Damn galloping.
PS. Don't tell Jak I just played the intro.
Thats cool Dominik, If you work a bit on it you nail it, is not to far in my opinion. I cant play at all trivium songs xD

I was watching today he was looking at the entrys on his twitch and he chose a winner...guys play as good as him but a lot of people were not playing the galloping correctly.

Reactions: Dominik Gräber
Thats cool Dominik, If you work a bit on it you nail it, is not to far in my opinion. I cant play at all trivium songs xD

I was watching today he was looking at the entrys on his twitch and he chose a winner...guys play as good as him but a lot of people were not playing the galloping correctly.
Yes, watched that too! Thight galloping is essentially what makes most Trivium Riffs that epic. And man I have a long way to go

Reactions: carlosmqr
I thought about entering the contest too, but was too lazy to récord it (still wouldn't be able to win because of the country).

I'd suggest actually picking the notes where you pull off and hammer on, that way they will have more consistency and there will be less ringing noise from other strings.

Keep on rocking!

I thought about entering the contest too, but was too lazy to récord it (still wouldn't be able to win because of the country).

I'd suggest actually picking the notes where you pull off and hammer on, that way they will have more consistency and there will be less ringing noise from other strings.

Keep on rocking!
I think that's actually how it's played but I somehow learned it with hammer ons / pull offs

Reactions: Víctor González
Nice tight rhythm! It sounds like you scooped the mids a little bit too much 😅
Weirdly enough but I didn't at all. They even are a little raised I believe. It doesn't sound as bad live either. I think that's that "variation" feature on the Katana Mk2. It sounds really fuzzy too

Weirdly enough but I didn't at all. They even are a little raised I believe. It doesn't sound as bad live either. I think that's that "variation" feature on the Katana Mk2. It sounds really fuzzy too
Aah yes, now I hear it. There's always like this weird sweet spot in terms of mids, treble and bass. If it sounds good live I think it's fine.

Reactions: Dominik Gräber

Media information

Category
Riffs
Added by
Dominik Gräber
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media