• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
Aightball

DoReMiPractice

My goal is to learn Do Re Mi and be able to play it well. This is after several tries to get the sound right. I think it's coming along nicely. CC always welcome!
Sounds nice, it's probably a good idea to add your third finger when playing the 3rd fret. It's so you got a finger for each fret. Sometimes it doesn't apply but still good practice. I can't really explain it properly now. It's that reindeer song is it not?

Reactions: Aightball
Sounds nice, it's probably a good idea to add your third finger when playing the 3rd fret. It's so you got a finger for each fret. Sometimes it doesn't apply but still good practice. I can't really explain it properly now. It's that reindeer song is it not?
That makes good sense and something I'll add to my practice. I'm holding off on chords for now until I can get an electric, so plenty of time to practice =). Yes, it's from The Sound of Music, when Julie Andrews has the kids in the meadow. Someday, I'll learn the chord version, but this version is good enough for now.

Reactions: William B.
That makes good sense and something I'll add to my practice. I'm holding off on chords for now until I can get an electric, so plenty of time to practice =). Yes, it's from The Sound of Music, when Julie Andrews has the kids in the meadow. Someday, I'll learn the chord version, but this version is good enough for now.
Steel string acoustic is good practice, you'll build up hand stamina. The electric should be smoother and easier to play. It's a slightly different, yet the same. I haven't seen that, it's about music so I'll probably watch some of it :D

Steel string acoustic is good practice, you'll build up hand stamina. The electric should be smoother and easier to play. It's a slightly different, yet the same. I haven't seen that, it's about music so I'll probably watch some of it :D
I'm hoping the electric makes the chords easier...I know it's all down to practice, but if I'm not pressing so hard my fingers feel like they're splitting in two, maybe it will be easier? :D

The Sound of Music is one of my all time favorite musicals! Be sure to watch the Julie Andrews version, it's the original movie version. It's a good story and a good soundtrack, too.

Reactions: William B.
I'm hoping the electric makes the chords easier...I know it's all down to practice, but if I'm not pressing so hard my fingers feel like they're splitting in two, maybe it will be easier? :D

The Sound of Music is one of my all time favorite musicals! Be sure to watch the Julie Andrews version, it's the original movie version. It's a good story and a good soundtrack, too.
Yes it'll be easier, practice the main chords as well on the acoustic. The necks are usually wider than an electrics, so it's like stretching your fingers on the acoustic and the electric is more like fitting them closer.

My attention span is really bad, probably can't watch the entire movie. I'll give it a go when I'm feeling up to watching something. There's lot's of new and old movies/shows I wanted to see, I should probably start sometime.

• Love
Hey girl everything sounds good! I agree don't let being on acoustic restrict your chord practice. In fact when you build up calluses on your fingers you'll be able to note them way easier on acoustic. The best way to build calluses is with acoustic unfortunately. Don't get hung up on weather you can hear every note ring out or not (that will come in time) just that your making the correct shapes! Wish you luck and keep posting!!

Hey girl everything sounds good! I agree don't let being on acoustic restrict your chord practice. In fact when you build up calluses on your fingers you'll be able to note them way easier on acoustic. The best way to build calluses is with acoustic unfortunately. Don't get hung up on weather you can hear every note ring out or not (that will come in time) just that your making the correct shapes! Wish you luck and keep posting!!
Thank you!! I am trying to work on chords on the acoustic...and definitely have issues with muted strings. But I will keep working when I can, as I know chords are important to playing.

P.S. I like your quote from Stephen King, haha!

Reactions: David Deatherage

Media information

Category
Beginners Corner
Added by
Aightball
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings