• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
Mariler

Fade to black 1st solo

I'm keeping on my struggle to improve my technique learning solos. Comments for help are very welcome
Nice! Some small things, you could dig in a little more with your vibrato and the part around 0:30 lends itself to more of a sweeping motion instead of alternate picking. Maybe that makes playing those licks a bit easier.

Reactions: Mariler
Nice! Some small things, you could dig in a little more with your vibrato and the part around 0:30 lends itself to more of a sweeping motion instead of alternate picking. Maybe that makes playing those licks a bit easier.
Thank you! There’s definitely always some details that need improvement. I’m gonna keep working on it 👍

Reactions: idssdi
This is great! Two things to offer - #1, NECK PICKUP. That's how Kirk plays it. That's how we play it. Try it, you'll like it.
#2, you're rushing the slower parts and playing ahead of the rhythm. As you're listening and playing along, kind of try to hear Lars doing stick hits or a hi-hat part to keep tempo - feel where it would be, and make sure you're bound to it.

This is coming together great. What a great, melodic solo, and it's got that fast economy picked/sweepy part in there that's so tough to get exactly right for the feel of the song. ROCK ON!

Reactions: Mariler

Media information

Category
Beginners Corner
Added by
Mariler
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media