• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
W

Greensleeves

I was just randomly looking for stuff to learn for my level and found this. I've heard it before, but I got no idea where from. It sounds like some Medieval Times stuff to me, like Castle music. Thought maybe not many heard it before. I used this tab https://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/tab/misc-traditional/greensleeves-tabs-644438 if it's ok to link it. It's my 2nd favorite Guitar site now, I couldn't go HAM, cause the time.
I messed around with it for about 5 minutes more, some of the notes can be Hammered-on and Pulled-off, it's pretty cool. The spots I found felt natural with the progression, if I tried to name the Chord Shapes it would be: A Minor, G something, A Minor, E Major, C add something. I think those are the base chords and a few Embellishments. I hope you like the Song, I was sight reading it.
“Alas my love you do me wrong
To cast me off discourteously;
And I have loved you oh so long
Delighting in your company.”

awesome song choice man ! It’s an English folk song and the C add something you’re playing, is Cadd9 👍🏻

I see you’re using a thumb pick ! I’ve thought about trying one how do you like it ?

I do a little finger picking myself and if I may: your picking hand seems a bit tight. Trying to loosen up a bit and maybe not keep your hand on the bridge, it’ll give you more movement in that hand and believe it or not will actually take less effort to finger pick.

keep it up dude ! I really loved this so much !

Reactions: William B.
“Alas my love you do me wrong
To cast me off discourteously;
And I have loved you oh so long
Delighting in your company.”

awesome song choice man ! It’s an English folk song and the C add something you’re playing, is Cadd9 👍🏻

I see you’re using a thumb pick ! I’ve thought about trying one how do you like it ?

I do a little finger picking myself and if I may: your picking hand seems a bit tight. Trying to loosen up a bit and maybe not keep your hand on the bridge, it’ll give you more movement in that hand and believe it or not will actually take less effort to finger pick.

keep it up dude ! I really loved this so much !
Thanks, sounds cool. I'll try to research it, about my picking hand, I didn't play much for a few days and didn't warmup or stretch. I started using that pick thing like maybe 3 years ago, but I couldn't play or listen to music for almost 2 years of that. I've seen them at the guitar shops, I got it to try and learn some Rag-Time guitar. It's like old piano music.
It's nice to use helps with building the movement muscles and makes the bass lines sound better, also able to train and keep the picking hand away and not anchored. I've been trying some weird stuff with it recently like alternate picking with adding notes here and there with my other fingers.
Probably doesn't look very cool or metal :D maybe if I got a metal one.

I prefer the 2mm picks now, but there are some cool things you can do with this thumb pick
edit
oh i see that you mentioned about the hand on bridge thing, yeah I understand, Thank you!

Last edited:
Reactions: Alicia Willis

Media information

Category
Riffs
Added by
William B.
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings