• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
Aightball

Help! Muted E String

Playing the D and Dm chords and high E is always muted. Any advice?
Hello..Nice work maam.
Have you try to push the high E string using the part of your finger tip, near the nail (I'm sorry I don't know the right word for that)? And don't forget to lift your upper strings fingers, so that they would looks like claws. HTH.
Ciayoooo...🤗🤗

• Love
Reactions: Aightball
I think it's a couple of things.
  • Sit on the edge of your chair, that will allow you to have your back more straight and potentially not have the guitar tilted towards you. You're quite bent over your guitar so you can see your fingers, but that same bending over makes it harder to get your hands in quite the right position.
  • You need to curl your fingers more. Your ring finger is very flat. Really, practice and posture will help with both of these.
  • Outside third, you might want to try a foot stool for one of your feet, that can help get the guitar at a better angle for playing.

I think it's a couple of things.
  • Sit on the edge of your chair, that will allow you to have your back more straight and potentially not have the guitar tilted towards you. You're quite bent over your guitar so you can see your fingers, but that same bending over makes it harder to get your hands in quite the right position.
  • You need to curl your fingers more. Your ring finger is very flat. Really, practice and posture will help with both of these.
  • Outside third, you might want to try a foot stool for one of your feet, that can help get the guitar at a better angle for playing.
Thank you! I tend to sit on the edge of our recliner, so I might want to consider a different chair...and I will definitely see about a foot stool to get better posture. I will definitely work on posture and curling fingers more...that's a challenge I've been working on for a while =)

Reactions: Forgetabull
Hello..Nice work maam.
Have you try to push the high E string using the part of your finger tip, near the nail (I'm sorry I don't know the right word for that)? And don't forget to lift your upper strings fingers, so that they would looks like claws. HTH.
Ciayoooo...🤗🤗
Thank you! That's a great suggestion to use more of the finger tip! I will work on these great suggestions!

Reactions: Javier Wienarjati
Try to loosen the pressure & play around w the finger placement! Also relax your arm more! That's the advice I got! :)

Media information

Category
Beginners Corner
Added by
Aightball
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings