• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

Hit Me With Your Best Shot Pat Benatar Riffs

Sliding chords is a lot more difficult than some people give it credit for, and you did a great job. It's an important nuance to that riff that a lot of beginners would miss. Nicely done, and your giant smile at the end made my day!

Your timing still needs some work, but I suspect you know that. This great, classic Benatar song is played at 128BPM (beats per minute) in the original recording. Get a metronome or metronome app, and set it for maybe 100 BPM. Then play along with it until you have the timing perfectly. Once you do, start speeding up the metronome until you can play it perfectly at 130.

Then you're ready to jam along with Pat!

Thank you I learned those riffs through fender play and just continuously practiced it for like a month straight using the instructor video on the app and got the hang of it pretty quickly through all the practice.

Reactions: Ed Seith
That's cool. How is the Fender Play? You enjoy it then? Feel it helps you get results?
I loved fender play I had the three month free trial during the pandemic that ran out after three months and the annual subscription was too pricy but it worked great. I also got three guitar teachers Bill Hudson from Tso and Northtale and Doro, Ariel Bellvalaire from Paradise Kitty and I Am King Experience Show, and Joel Hoekstra TSO and Whitesnake. Having those three instructors has done wonders for me.

Reactions: Ed Seith

Media information

Category
Riffs
Added by
Rockerchick
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media