• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD

"Hope County" Far Cry New Dawn Guitar Cover

Inspired by the Video Games Music thread! So, spent a fair while today learning the first half of this theme, worked out by ear. I'd originally been playing it from memory and as such got a few things wrong. Went back, listened to it, and re-worked it out.

There's still a few points where I tried reverting back to the original way I played it, there's a time where I hit an open string, and a few instances of using the wrong finger to play. I've been really trying to drill into my head finger positioning, and using my pinky more, which is song is great for, as well as stretching. It's not perfect, but I plan to come back to it and make it better! Also, standing up is HARD!!

Another thing I struggled with is the tone. Original is a lot crisper and cleaner. I couldn't replicate this as well as I wanted on my amp, I used a twang setting with a LOT of reverb, treble and mid, a fair amount of drive, and I think some Tape Echo. It's close, but not 100%.

Hope you like it! \m/
There are no comments to display.

Media information

Category
Riffs
Added by
Matt Wildcat
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings