• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
Mariler

lesson 22 improv challenge #1

here's my first try at the extreme improv challenge...there are some notes that shouldn't be there, please don't be mean to me :)
You've got some really good chops in there!! One thing I do recommend is not staying in the same spot too much or you risk to get really repetetive. Something I have to work on myself so I notice it pretty quickly. But I know that's really hard to do if you are not super fit with your scale!

Reactions: Mariler
Lots of good bones in this. The lack of confidence shows, but that comes with doing it more. I'd also recommend you always keep the kick or the snare in mind to keep yourself focused on where you are in a measure. Bends are good and the vibrato is getting solid!

You've got some really good chops in there!! One thing I do recommend is not staying in the same spot too much or you risk to get really repetetive. Something I have to work on myself so I notice it pretty quickly. But I know that's really hard to do if you are not super fit with your scale!
Great recommendation! Actually shows my lack of confidence, because when I put together some notes that could sound like a nice lick I stay there for too long like if trying to find a new lick, lol
Thank you so much Dom!! (y)

Lots of good bones in this. The lack of confidence shows, but that comes with doing it more. I'd also recommend you always keep the kick or the snare in mind to keep yourself focused on where you are in a measure. Bends are good and the vibrato is getting solid!
Thanks for the tip!! Exactly what I need to do to stay focused. At the beginning of the improv it's easier, but then I mess up trying to listen and visualize the next note that could work, can't do both things at the same time lol

Media information

Category
Beginners Corner
Added by
Mariler
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media