• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
Jeremy Healey

M.I.A

I’ve been practicing this song for a while now. The solo I can play when it’s slowed down but as you can see from this video, at speed I cannot 😂 just enjoy my facial expressions lol. Anyway, I really enjoy this song as a whole from start to finish. I also need to learn the outro 😅
Hahahaha loved the facial expression during the solo. It obviously needs more practice ;) But still, the rest of the song you seem to know by heart! I think that it would need to be tighted a little bit but that comes with practice with either a metronome or the track! Still, keep at it dude!

yeah, the face in the solo got me too. Nicely done, and well memorized. Not an easy song. I think you're overshooting your bends (see ~4:00) pushing them a little too sharp.

Practicing bends usually involves fretting the note you want to hit normally, as a "reference note" and then dropping down 1 and then 2 frets to bend up to it, being careful to hit as close to the EXACT note as possible. That's a great practice exercise.

Reactions: Jeremy Healey
yeah, the face in the solo got me too. Nicely done, and well memorized. Not an easy song. I think you're overshooting your bends (see ~4:00) pushing them a little too sharp.

Practicing bends usually involves fretting the note you want to hit normally, as a "reference note" and then dropping down 1 and then 2 frets to bend up to it, being careful to hit as close to the EXACT note as possible. That's a great practice exercise.
I’ve seen a good video describing bends! Not sure if you’ve heard of Mrs. Smith or not but she (he?) describes it perfectly. Now as for me playing them during the song, sometimes I find I fall behind mentally and I’m chasing to keep up if you know what I mean. But again it comes with time and practice 👏🏻

Hahahaha loved the facial expression during the solo. It obviously needs more practice ;) But still, the rest of the song you seem to know by heart! I think that it would need to be tighted a little bit but that comes with practice with either a metronome or the track! Still, keep at it dude!
Definitely some tricky pauses in this one! When recording I knew I fucked some of them up but I did it live 😅 no editing, all my mistakes.
playing with a metronome always helps lol, I just need to start doing it 😂

• Love
Reactions: Rad Synner
Definitely some tricky pauses in this one! When recording I knew I fucked some of them up but I did it live 😅 no editing, all my mistakes.
playing with a metronome always helps lol, I just need to start doing it 😂

If more musicians were willing to do this, younger players wouldn't develop a complex about perfect playing.

I’ve seen a good video describing bends! Not sure if you’ve heard of Mrs. Smith or not but she (he?) describes it perfectly. Now as for me playing them during the song, sometimes I find I fall behind mentally and I’m chasing to keep up if you know what I mean. But again it comes with time and practice 👏🏻
😍 Ahhhhh someone else knows Mrs. Smith !!! I fucking love her ! Her videos are golden ! I have the same issue, but I saw her video on bends too and it helped a lot! You’re doing ducking awesome Jeremy ! Keep em coming brother !

• Love
😍 Ahhhhh someone else knows Mrs. Smith !!! I fucking love her ! Her videos are golden ! I have the same issue, but I saw her video on bends too and it helped a lot! You’re doing ducking awesome Jeremy ! Keep em coming brother !
I only know one Mrs. Smith song lol Antifa Niece. The solo in that absolutely slaps 👏🏻👏🏻

• Love
Reactions: Alicia Willis

Media information

Category
Riffs
Added by
Jeremy Healey
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings