• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
Ethan Keeling

Major scale exercise

Bill Hudson has teached me so much its unbelievable! I'm so happy @Jak Angelescu took the time to tell me what he was like as a teacher and person and it didn't disappoint! heres an exercise.... start with one key, i.e, C, and go down the first major scale and up the next and keep going till you get back to the first one after the 12th fret, now go BACKWARDS along another key and repeat! I went c, to G , to E. It's tough. I'm doing 130BPM at 2 notes per beat. It's a work in progress but i find its real fun!
I have no clue how you are able to do that with a floating fist! I could never pull that off, so good for you because it works well for you.
Try using less picking movement (your swing your hand in pretty big strokes which takes more time and therefore reduces overall speed potential)
Good stuff tho, I look forward to hopefully another video in a week or 2!

Reactions: Calvin Phillips
I have no clue how you are able to do that with a floating fist! I could never pull that off, so good for you because it works well for you.
Try using less picking movement (your swing your hand in pretty big strokes which takes more time and therefore reduces overall speed potential)
Good stuff tho, I look forward to hopefully another video in a week or 2!
After rewatching this i saw how my whole arm moves so i need to take a look at that! Thanks man!

Media information

Category
Riffs
Added by
Ethan Keeling
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings

Share this media