• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
Alicia Willis

“Master Of Puppets” Intro— One Month Guitar Challenge Update

Not quite a whole month has passed, I’ve hit a plateau so I figured might as well post. Ive been practicing along with a slowed down backing track but had some technical difficulties so it’s just me here so tempo maybe be inconsistent. I’ve messed up some spots, but I’ve tried to record this at least 10 times so we are just going to go with this one lol. We all get nervous when recording and it’s okay. Plus, MOP isn’t exactly something you achieve quickly. 🤘🏻
"FUCK!" - Alicia, 2021
That one really got me :ROFLMAO:

Love see you working on this and I hope you continue past the one month challenge, you're doing great! It takes quite some time to get your downpicking up to speed. My biggest tip would be warm up. Do some intense downpicking until your arm is tired, rest, repeat a couple of times to get your full potential and to permanently build speed.

Also, it's tricky but in that descending doom esque riff try to not palm mute the accented notes. They should ring out a bit at least. :)

• Love
Reactions: Alicia Willis
"FUCK!" - Alicia, 2021
That one really got me :ROFLMAO:

Love see you working on this and I hope you continue past the one month challenge, you're doing great! It takes quite some time to get your downpicking up to speed. My biggest tip would be warm up. Do some intense downpicking until your arm is tired, rest, repeat a couple of times to get your full potential and to permanently build speed.

Also, it's tricky but in that descending doom esque riff try to not palm mute the accented notes. They should ring out a bit at least. :)
Thanks Dominik, and the accented notes have been the bane of my existence, half the time it’s good, half the time it’s all muted like hell lol. Practice makes progress though !

• Love
Reactions: Dominik Gräber

Media information

Category
Riffs
Added by
Alicia Willis
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings