• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
Matt Wildcat

"Not Ready to Die" - Full Intro practice

Long video alert, with a lot of rambling comments!
Honestly I was so close to throwing in the towel today with this, it's been a rough day mentally, my chest is killing me, but I really wanted to get this done. Massive thank you to everyone who left me advice and helped me get to this stage! There's a few bits where my timing is off, where I generally screw up notes and just lose it, etc, (it gets a lot better at the end) so this probably needs yet more work, but I think I need to take a break and work on something else before I come back to do the main riff.
Love your positivity and how you know you can do it and stick with it! No tip today, love your progress. Honestly no idea how to get the low notes clean. Not exactly good with sweeps (yet?)

• Love
Reactions: Matt Wildcat
Love your positivity and how you know you can do it and stick with it! No tip today, love your progress. Honestly no idea how to get the low notes clean. Not exactly good with sweeps (yet?)
Thank you! It's been really hard today honestly, but when I watched my other videos back and saw how we'll I've done in the space of two weeks, it really did push me to get it done. I'll keep working on those low notes, maybe going over old lessons may give me some ideas!

Reactions: Dominik Gräber
You got it! For the low note, there is two things you can try, first is from the right hand, right atfer you play that low note, cut the vibration with the side of your thumb or your hand (like a palm-mute without picking). Second is harder but lead to a clean relust, it's on the left hand, in three part, 1 you press to play the note, 2 you release the pressure, you keep contact with the string but not with the neck, 3 you release totally the finger.

In that case, it's really not easy as you use the litle finger.. Maybe try to move down your left thumb to get a better control .

Anyway, good job !! Hard work lead to hight perf !

• Love
Reactions: Matt Wildcat
You got it! For the low note, there is two things you can try, first is from the right hand, right atfer you play that low note, cut the vibration with the side of your thumb or your hand (like a palm-mute without picking). Second is harder but lead to a clean relust, it's on the left hand, in three part, 1 you press to play the note, 2 you release the pressure, you keep contact with the string but not with the neck, 3 you release totally the finger.

In that case, it's really not easy as you use the litle finger.. Maybe try to move down your left thumb to get a better control .

Anyway, good job !! Hard work lead to hight perf !
Awesome, I'll give these ideas a try and see what I can do! Thank you!!

Media information

Category
Riffs
Added by
Matt Wildcat
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media