• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
Ashley Willis

Nothing Else Matters Intro-Metallica

Finger picking style acoustic cover of Nothing Else Matters intro I did back in April. One day I’ll learn to do better recording than propping up my iPhone lol.
Getting really active in the riff section, love it! Sounds great already, but watching you I see you are still a little stiff. Keep playing and you will be confident in it in no time.
You probably already are as this video is from April :)

Reactions: Ashley Willis
Getting really active in the riff section, love it! Sounds great already, but watching you I see you are still a little stiff. Keep playing and you will be confident in it in no time.
You probably already are as this video is from April :)
I was very stiff in this video and that’s been the hardest thing for me to overcome. I’m finally to the point where I’m loosening up some.

• Love
Reactions: Dominik Gräber
I was very stiff in this video and that’s been the hardest thing for me to overcome. I’m finally to the point where I’m loosening up some.
that's really the bigest problem and the hardest the overcome dude, but don't worry nobody here it's gonna throw shit at you, you're pretty good and the cover is really great! sounds really cool! maybe some parts have minor issues but they're the most trickiest parts of the song so don't worry keep practicing hard and all those things will be something from the past! well done Ashley! would love to see the future re-playing of this riff to see how you improve

Sounds pretty good Ash. If I could offer some advice, try to get your ring finger in on the picking action. If you must anchor you picking hand use the pinky and keep the thumb for the E A and D strings and Index, Middle and Ring for the G B and e (assuming you haven't done so already).

Media information

Category
Riffs
Added by
Ashley Willis
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media