• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
chris_is_cool

One month challenge day 1: Sweet Child O Mine

So, this is my starting point for the one month challenge. This song (the iconic intro riff in particular) has been a picking exercise for me in my early days of guitar playing (last year xD), NOW it is time to get more serious.

My goals for the one month challenge are:
1) Tighten everything up, add details. Slash doesn't actually just strum the rhythm in the verses, he is playing a couple of interesting picking patterns, that I need to learn and implement... and of course make everything clean and tidy. :)

2) You will notice that the highlight of the song is still missing... the two main solos. Just learning the notes will be doable in way less than a month, but getting the fast parts up to speed and NAILING the phrasing in the melodic parts... That will keep me busy for more than 1 month, but I will try my best to get as far as possible. :)
Nice to see video of year ago and now and looking forward to see how it is in 1 month!
(i still play the song like you did a year ago :))

• Love
Reactions: chris_is_cool
Congratulations dude. It's amazing. It's difficult, but not impossible. Never surrender and keep playing.

Media information

Category
Riffs
Added by
chris_is_cool
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media