• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
Ben Grosskreuz

pentatonic VII

This is my favorite Syns etude from the pentatonic section. It conveniently incorporates economy picking so I dont even bother with those lessons anymore!
Haha wdym by "studying how I do this"? I can try to explain anything you are confused on!

Haha, no need. I was trying to do a different Pentatonic etude and had trouble reaching without moving my hand. So I was examining your video very closely to see your hand placement and movement, and sure enough your fingers seem to stretch to infinity. Meanwhile your hand placement doesn't change until the next pentatonic position. I've been doing the stretches and tried the Pentatonic since it's like the eco picking with more challenge. However I feel like it's a slow progress which is frustrating.

Haha, no need. I was trying to do a different Pentatonic etude and had trouble reaching without moving my hand. So I was examining your video very closely to see your hand placement and movement, and sure enough your fingers seem to stretch to infinity. Meanwhile your hand placement doesn't change until the next pentatonic position. I've been doing the stretches and tried the Pentatonic since it's like the eco picking with more challenge. However I feel like it's a slow progress which is frustrating.
Wdym by my hand placement doesn't change until the next pentatonic position? Are you talking about going down the strings and then sliding over and coming back up the strings? Or do you have to move your hand while going down and up the strings as well? Maybe send me a video because I'm sure I could give you some pointers if I see what you're struggling with!

Well done! I love those "around the world" exercises so much!

thanks man! I looked at some of the next ones and they look even more fun because they have double string sweeps instead of just one string being swept over. Instead of being 3-1-3-1-3 its 3-1-3-1-1-3! I also love pentatonic IV with the large movement from the lower fret at 5 and then the 22nd with 6 sets of 3 notes. It's like the scale Syn uses in Sunny disposition!

Reactions: Dominik Gräber
Wdym by my hand placement doesn't change until the next pentatonic position? Are you talking about going down the strings and then sliding over and coming back up the strings? Or do you have to move your hand while going down and up the strings as well? Maybe send me a video because I'm sure I could give you some pointers if I see what you're struggling with!

Sorry if I'm not communicating that well, I'll try to post a video later if it's not too painful... I threw out my shoulder at work. Pretty much when you follow one position on the scale going either up or down your fingers are long enough and stretch enough that you don't have to move your whole hand to meet the next fret. If I were to create an example, let's say on a D min, if I went 10-13-15, 10-12-15 it is a stretch and I feel the urge to move my hand up and down the neck to hit the notes. Your hand doesn't move like that; you have enough length and stretch to play that position. I'll try to make a video on it

Great playing as usual! In just wondering how you get that tone because it sounds a little low fi to me😅

Reactions: Kai C
J
I have a crush on your hands and a crazy weird jealousy problem about them😂😂
You should upload some of your practicing videos of these! Many students feel discouraged that they are too hard and seeing your progress growth would really inspire a lot of them!

I have a crush on your hands and a crazy weird jealousy problem about them😂😂
You should upload some of your practicing videos of these! Many students feel discouraged that they are too hard and seeing your progress growth would really inspire a lot of them!
OMG now you know how I feel about Syn's, like the way he picks and how his hands move is like my favorite thing in the world to watch and I am gonna work at it until I get it perfectly :)
And by practice do you mean like my practicing methods or just raw footage of me practicing for 10 minutes straight? lol

• Love
Reactions: Jak Angelescu

Media information

Category
Riffs
Added by
Ben Grosskreuz
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings