• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
Christian Schulze

PG's advice deserves a shot of Tequila!

Bottoms up ya'll!
I love this so much ! That moment when you’re just screwing around and realize you played something familiar is ridiculously exciting ! I learned most of the melody to “Sally’s song” this way.
Side note: I’m going to be randomly shouting “tequila” for the rest of the day now. Thanks CJ 🤪

• Love
Reactions: Christian Schulze
I love this so much ! That moment when you’re just screwing around and realize you played something familiar is ridiculously exciting ! I learned most of the melody to “Sally’s song” this way.
Side note: I’m going to be randomly shouting “tequila” for the rest of the day now. Thanks CJ 🤪
Love it! Yesss same happened to me...now I got an ear worm and want to drink a shot of tequila 😆

• Haha
Reactions: Alicia Willis
Love this! Simple melody, BUT it's not just an up and down scale. The 1st two notes are a strange combo - A to D. This shows how melody jumps around. Now take those notes and play them out of order, backwards, etc. Change the rhythm so it's not recognizable as Tequila. Find something that sounds good to your ear. Variations on a theme is how MANY original songs are written.
Also love that you are playing it in different positions. This makes you play the notes differently. The last one you did was up on the 10th fret. You had to slide up to the high E. Totally different vibe that added some character to the lick.
There is nothing I don't love about this video, (especially the tequila).

• Love
Reactions: Christian Schulze
Love this! Simple melody, BUT it's not just an up and down scale. The 1st two notes are a strange combo - A to D. This shows how melody jumps around. Now take those notes and play them out of order, backwards, etc. Change the rhythm so it's not recognizable as Tequila. Find something that sounds good to your ear. Variations on a theme is how MANY original songs are written.
Also love that you are playing it in different positions. This makes you play the notes differently. The last one you did was up on the 10th fret. You had to slide up to the high E. Totally different vibe that added some character to the lick.
There is nothing I don't love about this video, (especially the tequila).
Thank you PG! I will certainly follow your advice and turn Tequila into my own libation then (the lick..not the drink) 🤣.

• Haha
Reactions: Brian Haner Sr.

Media information

Category
Beginners Corner
Added by
Christian Schulze
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings