• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
C

reflection

New content to come since I've highlighted 8 of 10 songs. The last two I wont really bother highlighting because one is just different chord variations and there's barely any real lead in the song. And bullshit is not really a theory based song and was more an attempt at trying to copy the vocal melody. Anywho, reflection is the first song on the next set to come. It's one of the only heavier songs on the album as most are rock/blues influenced. refer to comments for explanation.
There is only one chord played through this entire song. I'm not even sure what the name of the chord is, but I used the notes to the C shape of the caged system. Which would be a step down (so c major scale). I believe it is actually a 3 1 inverted C chord. (E and C I believe). Everything else played in the song is through the caged system in C major. It was one of the first songs or riffs I wrote using the caged system the correct way. I definitely made attempts before this but wasn't really understanding what I really was doing. Here was my first real shot leaving g minor and doing a different scale. And C major was the ideal one to start with since it was the caged shape a step down from the lessons. Which ironically was one step HIGHER then G minor was. it was easy to translate that to standard tuning because of that.

Structure of the song is simple.. verse chorus verse chorus solo verse chorus end. There isn't anything magical about this song except for the fact that its more a beat related tune and wrote it for more vibe then anything. Hence why its one chord.

Media information

Category
Riffs
Added by
Calvin Phillips
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media