• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
Alicia Willis

“Rock you like a Hurricane” -Scorpions

🗣Turn your volume down !!!!!
This is a piece of a practice video (as always, and I like it loud lol)
Anyways, I’ve been working on getting the muted power chord changes sounding better, I hated the awful screech I would get when I would just slide to the next power chord so I’ve really been focusing on trying to pick up my hand instead of just lazily sliding it.
Not sure if this is a good technique as I couldn’t find the exact answer to this problem anywhere. But I was excited it sounded better with less screeching during my movements on the muted portion.
J
I can't believe you said "turn your volume down" in the same situation as when the song is playing! 🤣🤣I turned my volume up. As in like all the way. This is a stadium song that deserves and anthemic sound! You are literally blowing my mind with your progression. As far as The sliding goes sometimes it is a situation that can't be helped but some people are worse at it than others. It's something that you want to be mindful of. However, in the first beginning when there is an actual slide that's a good time to have a slide! Great on you for noticing it! I will write on this more tomorrow but I just had to tell you how proud of you I am

I can't believe you said "turn your volume down" in the same situation as when the song is playing! 🤣🤣I turned my volume up. As in like all the way. This is a stadium song that deserves and anthemic sound! You are literally blowing my mind with your progression. As far as The sliding goes sometimes it is a situation that can't be helped but some people are worse at it than others. It's something that you want to be mindful of. However, in the first beginning when there is an actual slide that's a good time to have a slide! Great on you for noticing it! I will write on this more tomorrow but I just had to tell you how proud of you I am
Thank you ! I’d definitely love a bit more info, like when it’s okay to have a little rubbing sound, when you should avoid it and for a cleaner transition etc. it did my hand a bit more tired to actually pick my fingers up completely from the strings when moving during the muring chords lol

Media information

Category
Riffs
Added by
Alicia Willis
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media