• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
Dominik Gräber

SGS lesson 31: D-C-G-F Blues Improv

Still not comfortable doing improvs, but I think I had some nice moments in there. This time without backing track to switch it up a bit more. Also focusing again on using embellishments to make it more interesting.
J
How you are improvising is a really hard way to play the blues but it's one of the most iconic ways. Blues players are known for being able to just play with themself on stage with no backing track and no band and impress the entire audience. It requires massive chord knowledge, timing skills, rhythm skills and more. I really love to see that you were doing this!

A tip that I have for you is try to play the chord in the progression and then jam over it and then immediately when you are supposed to change to the next one play the next chord and then do your little and proposition. The shuffle rhythm you had going on was perfect! Does that make sense? You did it a few times and I think if you continue to do it it'll help you find your place in your sound a little bit better. But I keep telling you this, you have a natural feel for the blues and I love it!

Media information

Category
Riffs
Added by
Dominik Gräber
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media