• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
C

shittyworkblues

song 4. This would be my first attempt at the jazz side of the blues. comments for details.
Lots of different chords in this song. Lets see if I can remember off the top off my head the progressions.

Verse progression is pretty simple. B flat 9 to A9. The lead behind it is pretty much the arpeggios to the chords I strummed. Each speaker has a different position strummed. I did this to add an extra bit of texture on each speaker and have them not sound exactly alike on each side.

You get into the chorus which is B flat 13 and A flat 13. It stays in this progression before hitting the turn around which is a chromatic countdown (I think its 9 8 7 6) before turning around on E13 and D13. The lead over top is the same melody as the verse but with the normal blues scale. (a minor)

Then we get back into the verse again. It's pretty much a repeat of the first time around.

After the second turn around, we hit the solo. I cant even get close to the tone I had because I cant even remember what I did lol. But its just the blues scale again. It has some simple but really neat runs in it. After the solo we hit the 3rd chorus run. The lead of the solo continues all the way to the end overtop the chorus. before we hit the end of the song where I think we are playing over top B 13.. There is a neat drum part that plays along with the lead. The end of the song may drag a bit on.. but I kind of liked the drum part that I added so I thought it made no sense to cut it short.

Song in the end is about working with people who dont want to be there.. dont want to be around you.. etc.

Media information

Category
Riffs
Added by
Calvin Phillips
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media