• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
Dominik Gräber

Sweep Exercise

Came up with this exercise based on an A minor pentatonic arpeggio starting on the twelth fret. Then I shifted it down the neck and go up chromaticly. I know my faster sweeps are a bit sloppy, which is why I played it slower at the end. Gotta start using a metronome and work on cleaning up my up sweeps.
Nice! Just a heads up there is not really something called an Am pentatonic arpeggios. An Arpeggio is a broken chord so it pretty much is an arpeggio when you play each note of the chord separately. If you are referring to the amount of note in the arpeggios than an Am pentatonic arpeggios could be for example Am9, Am11 because there are 5 notes in them but you would refer to them as Am9 or Am11 arpeggios not pentatonic arpeggios because that doesn't really tell you that much, just a small correction in terms of how to call things. This is a really great exercise!

Reactions: Dominik Gräber
Nice! Just a heads up there is not really something called an Am pentatonic arpeggios. An Arpeggio is a broken chord so it pretty much is an arpeggio when you play each note of the chord separately. If you are referring to the amount of note in the arpeggios than an Am pentatonic arpeggios could be for example Am9, Am11 because there are 5 notes in them but you would refer to them as Am9 or Am11 arpeggios not pentatonic arpeggios because that doesn't really tell you that much, just a small correction in terms of how to call things. This is a really great exercise!
Oh that makes sense. Thanks!

Reactions: idssdi
This sounds really cool! It almost sounds like a boss level in mario or something!

I think what would be cool to do is keeping on one area of the fretboard a bit longer to focus on that right hand technique! Then gradually add another fret area to focus on the changes. Definitely get a metronome though!

Reactions: Dominik Gräber

Media information

Category
Riffs
Added by
Dominik Gräber
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media