• Join the A7X Discord!

We're updating the community and moving all social content from the community to the Discord. All lessons related conversations will still take place here though! Join the Discord below and view the full announcement for more details

JOIN THE DISCORD VIEW THREAD
Golden Goddess Guitar Leaderboard
The Trash God

Syn etude's Alternate picking lesson 1 practice.

So I wanted to practice this cause I feel like I need to improve on alternate picking. It is of course slow cause I didnt want to rush through it. I made a few errors cause I not only get nervous in front of the camera still, but my pinky finger is still weak so training that bad boy up. But all in all, can't wait till I'm able to play this a little faster!
Hey, that was really good! But beware, you're making the same mistake that I made when I started practicing this which is.. well, not alternate picking. You're economy picking it.
In order to alternate pick it you strictly have to follow your up/down/up/down rule, even when changing strings. That makes it a bit harder at first, but it's a great exercise and totally worth practicing :)

Reactions: The Trash God
Hey, that was really good! But beware, you're making the same mistake that I made when I started practicing this which is.. well, not alternate picking. You're economy picking it.
In order to alternate pick it you strictly have to follow your up/down/up/down rule, even when changing strings. That makes it a bit harder at first, but it's a great exercise and totally worth practicing :)
Haha yeah I realized that too. I think its cause I learned and practoced economy picking before doing strictly alternate picking, but definitely something to work on!

Reactions: Dominik Gräber

Media information

Category
Beginners Corner
Added by
The Trash God
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media